In our time of practice, Adele offered twelve questions to consider how we might interpret our experiences through the lens of Jesus’ life. This week, let’s keep these questions with us and continue to notice how what is happening in our lives fit in the life of Jesus. We may choose to send time with a new question each day. Perhaps we might reflect on moments when we experience a strong emotion and ask, “How was I in solidarity with Jesus?” or “How was he in solidarity with me?”
1. What narratives and slogans have shaped my life?
2. What fears have authored my story?
3. What is the deeper Exodus story behind my roles, titles, degrees, successes, losses, joy, etc. How did I get from somewhere to somewhere else?
4. Where have I had moments when I felt the Spirit descend on me and affirm me in a calling or direction? (Matthew 3:13-17)
5. When was I in a time of testing and tempted to take control of my life rather than trust God? (Luke 4:1-13)
6. What are my wilderness seasons? How did God work in these for my good? My growth? And His glory? (Luke 4:1-13)
7. Where have people figuratively tried to throw me off a cliff? (Luke 4:14-30)
8. What are my mounts of Transfiguration? (Mark 9:2-10)
9. Where have I experienced betrayal? (Matthew 26:14-16, 47-50)
10. When have I had mini-gardens of Gethsemane? (Matthew 26:36-46)
11. When have I died on my own mini-crosses? (John 19:16-37)
12. What are resurrection moments in life? (John 20:1-18)